About Me: The Bitch Behind The Blog
Anonymous Writer. Relationship “Expert.” Creative Soul.
Hey there! I’m Katie, also known as the “dating b” and I’m so glad to have you here on my site. On this page, you can learn more about me and this blog. First things first, let’s start with some of the basics.
Who Am I?
A single woman in my 30’s with a passion for writing and doling out relationship advice. 💃
Based on my professional life, I’ve chosen to write this blog anonymously.
Am I a Relationship Expert?
Actually, no 🤷♀️
BUT, I do have a background in Psychology and Counseling, I’m an avid reader of self help and relationship books, and I listen to dating podcasts religiously.
I’ve also had PLENTY of first hand experience with love, relationships, and, inevitably, heartbreak. ❤
What Are Some of My Experiences?
• Dating as a single mother
• Being in (and leaving) an abusive relationship*
• Dealing with a long-distance romance
• Getting Married
• Getting Divorced
• Navigating post-divorce relationships and online dating
• Making a TON of mistakes along the way
*NOTE: If you are currently in an abusive relationship, please know that there are resources available to help.
You can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE) or find them on their website here.
Fun Facts About Me
• I am an experienced Tarot Reader 🔮
• My Myers Briggs Personality type is INFP – the mediator
• My sun sign is Sagittarius 🏹
• I’m one of those annoying people who is “spiritual” rather than religious
• I love writing and write fiction and eBooks along with this blog 📚
• I’m a huge fan of sitcoms
About the Blog
I started The Dating Bitch in December of 2020 – I had a lot of free time on my hands thanks to the pandemic and, for my own well-being, I needed a creative outlet to fill my days.
As a fairly impulsive person, I didn’t spend a whole lot of time thinking about starting a blog – instead, something (I forget what, now) sparked the idea in me and the very next day I’d joined a free blogging platform. By March of 2021, then, I decided I actually enjoyed doing it enough to make the switch to a self-hosted domain, which is where you’ve stumbled across my work right now!
Initially, I started as a niche blogger, focusing all of my content on dating, relationships, and breakups. In the Summer of 2021, though, I expanded to include more lifestyle-related topics.
Though I’m still learning (and my tech skills are sorely lacking), I hope you find this blog enjoyable. If you do, I’d love it if you subscribed!
Important Blog Info
• Advice Column for readers – If you need advice about a relationship or breakup, I’d love to hear from you! Submit to Dear Dating Bitch here
• Blogging collaborations are my fav! I’m always happy to work with other bloggers – to learn more about guest posting, go here
• Advertising for bloggers and creators— learn more about my advertising packages here
Join the Dating Bitch Tribe
• Subscribe to my email list to be a member of the Dating Bitch Tribe and get fantastic perks!
• Exclusive access to the FREEBIE Library
• Weekly Wrap-Up emails so you never miss a thing
• Plus, get my Monthly Newsletter with extra content!
All of the blog posts on this site are, in some way, related to relationships (surprise!) – including the relationship you have with yourself (hence, the “Lifestyle” posts)
For easier navigation, all the content here is divided into several distinct categories.
Articles on various issues related to dating, relationships, and breakups.
Dear Dating Bitch is an advice column where I answer reader questions a la Dear Abby.
In this category, I share personal stories about my own dating and relationship history.
Posts on Beauty, Style, Personal Growth & Wellness, Travel, Culture, Blogging, and more!
More Content from Me
Here’s what else you can get from me
I offer Advertising Services for fellow bloggers as well as Brand Collaborations.
Blogging resources and tools along with my favorite books and beauty/style products.
As part of my advice column, I take letters from real readers. Submit your letter here.
I’ve got several products for sale including Media Kit templates and a Post-Breakup eBook.
Now that you’ve learnt more about me, do you want to get in touch? If so, the best way to do that is through either email or social media. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on any of my social media channels. (Twitter is probably the best, though – it’s the one I check most frequently.)
If you’re interested in submitting a letter to Dear Dating Bitch, you can do that here.
And make sure to follow me on social media! You can find me everywhere with the handle @deardatingb