Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTIONS ABOUT ME:
When I was initially setting up my blog, that was the name that came to me first. I actually got the idea from an episode of ‘The Office’ (Kelly labels herself ‘The Business Bitch’ during a small business seminar, and I found it cute and clever.)
I also just think it’s a catchy name!
I’m very rarely called a bitch in my everyday life – people tend to refer to me as sweet and kind. But, I think that when it comes to dating and relationships, you shouldn’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. And so often, when women do that, they’re considered a bitch.
I was only working part-time due to Covid, so I wanted to start blogging as a way of writing more, I just wasn’t sure what I wanted to blog about.
I knew that whatever topic I chose had to be something that:
A) I was knowledgeable about,
B) I enjoyed talking about, and
C) I would actually be interested in reading about.
Dating and Relationships fit neatly into all 3 categories.
I’d recently gone through a difficult breakup followed by a lot of self-reflection and personal growth. So, it was both cathartic and (relatively) easy to write about.
I have a background in Psychology and Counseling – I’m quite well educated on issues like co-dependency, attachment styles, and healthy vs unhealthy coping skills. All of these issues impact our romantic relationships in a huge way.
Additionally, I’m a woman in my 30’s who’s been through her fair share of relationships and breakups. That alone gives me a lot of firsthand experience.
I get this question a lot and I think it’s mostly due to the fact that, as a consumer, we want to know as much as possible about the product we’re consuming.
In this case, the “product,” so to speak, is me (or, at least, my blog) so it’s natural that people are curious to know more about me as an individual.
But, for me, I chose to write this blog anonymously for several reasons:
1. For professional reasons – while I think don’t think there’s anything inherently “wrong” about the name of my blog, I’m sure some of my employers would disagree. Plus, I don’t need the word “bitch” popping up whenever someone google’s me. They can figure that out on their own 😉
2. For personal reasons – this one’s a bit more complicated, but, in essence, I wanted to be able to voice my thoughts, experiences, and opinions free from the judgement of anyone in my personal life.
Still, I try to be as authentic and genuine in my posts and audience engagement, so hopefully the fact that you don’t know what I look like doesn’t deter you from reading.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BLOG:
On the Dating Bitch – I mostly write about issues revolving around dating, relationships, and breakups. The posts here are broken down into 4 categories:
♥ Life Lessons
While I tend to stick to matters of the heart, I have expanded my blog to include a new, ‘Lifestyle’ category where I cover additional topics related to well-being and personal growth.
On the Tarot Bitch – I write about tarot. I give the general meaning of the cards along with the meaning in a love life spread. I also talk about my own experiences with tarot – how certain cards correlate with my own life.
Finally, I offer Tarot Readings on both Ko-Fi and Buy Me a Coffee.
I post new articles at least once a week. I try to keep my content creation schedule as consistent as possible, although, of course, shit happens.
But in general, you can expect the following:
• Every Thursday – a new Dating Bitch article
• Dear Dating Bitch – I aim to write a new advice column segment once a month
• Monthly Newsletter – sign up to my email list and you’ll get my newsletter which features a recap of all my creative content for the month (from the Tarot Bitch, the Dating Bitch, and the Coffee platforms.)
Both Ko-Fi and Buy Me a Coffee are content creator platforms which allow creators to showcase their work and accept donations from fans. Sort of like a virtual “tip jar” for bloggers.
(I have both due to the fact that others tend to prefer one over the other, so it seemed easier that way.)
Some content creators use is solely as a place to accept funds for their work, while others use it to accept commissions or post additional content.
Since I HATE the idea of asking for something without giving anything in return, I use it as a platform to share my poetry and ‘coffee thoughts’ posts as well as a place to sell Tarot Readings.
All my content is available to view for FREE. So please look around! Of course, if you want to ‘buy me a coffee,’ it’s always appreciated, but you can support me just by liking my posts!
OR you can buy a Tarot Card Reading from me 🔮
Join it and find out!
Just kidding 😄
The Members Only page is a password protected page with extras available for email subscribers. I also have a separate members-only page for all the printable Freebies.
• Members Only Page – Here, find some fun personality quizzes I created such as “What season represents your relationship style?”
• Freebie Library – PDF resources to help improve your relationships and overall wellness including journal prompts, printable cards, and relationship worksheets.
And the best part? It’s 100% FREE to join!
There’s no catch! It’s entirely free for you – all you have to do is subscribe.
The Members Only extras are just my way of:
1. Getting more email subscribers and regular readers to the blog, and
2. Connecting with my current audience.
If you have a question about your love life, I want to hear it!
You can send me an email at email@example.com or submit your letter anonymously using this google form.
Rest assured, though, even if you do include contact information, the published letter won’t contain any identifying information about you.
Here’s what people Love about the Dating Bitch
And what YOU can love too!
Have addition questions that weren’t covered here? You can contact me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to reach out on social media!