Hello again friends! I’m taking a slight detour from my usual repertoire here, so today’s blog post is going to be a tad different. I’ll be answering the Blogger’s edition of Vogue’s 73 Questions so that you can get to know me a little better.
Full disclosure – I actually didn’t have a topic planned for this week (I do want to do a follow up to the last personal story about Max, but… I need more time for that one), so when a fellow blogger on Twitter suggested that I do this, I jumped on it.
So, thank you to B from Mind.Beauty.Simplicity for this lovely idea, and hopefully you all enjoy it!
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
I actually don’t normally go to Starbucks – I typically just make my coffee at home. 😬 But, last time I went, I’m pretty sure I just ordered a plain black coffee. Basic, I know.
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
My “work station” is usually just my bed or couch, wherever I’m more comfortable that day. That’s where I normally do my writing.
3. All time favorite food?
Ice cream 😄 (Also, I LOVE Thai food)
4. Favorite author?
Right now, I’m really digging Taylor Jenkins Reid. But Jodi Picoult is always up there.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I think that whatever two consenting adults decide to do is their business, but personally, I don’t think I’d be able to handle the kind of stress or jealousy that polygamy would bring.
6. Favorite video game?
Does Pac Man count? 🙃
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Food wise, I don’t usually restrict myself so anything I’m in the mood for I guess! I love Jalapeno chips though.
8. Favorite film?
When Harry Met Sally and How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days (that’s my guilty pleasure “feel-good” movie)
9. Favorite book?
The Secret History by Donna Tartt or The Great Gatsby (it’s a classic for a reason, folks!)
10. Twitter or Instagram?
It used to be Instagram, but these days I’m leaning more towards Twitter.
11. Desktop or Laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Talk is cheap – pay attention to actions.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Right now, I’m working on a lot of different writing projects (at least, I’m trying to.)
14. Favorite color?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
In everything but Math 🙄
16. Dream job?
17. Played any sports?
No. I have a serious lack of coordination 😂
18. Do you have a degree?
A couple actually, including one in Psychology and another in English. (Actually, if I could be a professional student, that would be my dream job.)
American – with Irish and German roots.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to write?
Advice column posts – I love reading the letters that come in and it’s always fun to provide my opinions.
21. What do you like to collect?
Books – I have soooo many books and not nearly enough shelf-space. Also, Tarot decks (I only have 5 or so, but I think that’s a collection.)
22. Describe yourself in 3 words
Creative, Deep, Introspective
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
DJ Dating B 😇
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
A group chat on IG
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
Right now, I’m looking into getting one of those Micor-current facial devices (like the NuFace.)
26. Hogwarts House?
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
29. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
Spending Mother’s Day with people I love 🥰
30. What’s the best thing that has happened to you today?
Finishing up a new blog post
31. What’s the best thing ever?
That’s a tough one… can I say happiness? In general, being happy feels like the best thing ever.
32. Favorite season
Summer and Fall
33. Favorite holiday
34. Which fictional character do you relate the most to?
At times, probably Ted from HIMYM, even though he’s sometimes the worst 🤷♀️ Also, Celine from Before Sunrise (which, btw, is a criminally underrated movie)
35. Do you like surprises?
Eh, they’re OK.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
When my ex proposed.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
Same as above.
38. What’s the best surprise you have ever given anyone?
I don’t know the best, but I always really like giving surprise gifts to people.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes! Pumpkin and blueberry are my favorites.
40. Do you cook often?
Not if I can help it 😉
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
Ice cream cake
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Lemon flavored stuff.
43. Cake or pie?
Cake, hands down
44. What’s your least favorite food?
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Barbecue or A1 steak sauce (not on steak though)
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday…what are you eating?
Nothing, I’m probably asleep! (If not, I guess I’m eating some sort of junk food)
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be?
48. Best animated film?
The Land Before Time
49. What has a guy said or done that impressed you?
Being honest and faithful is really all it takes. I’m easy like that 😏
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Coffee if you’re meeting someone for the first time.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Get sloppy drunk.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
None – just be yourself!
53. Best comic book character?
Tie between Batman and Iron Man.
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse?
Chapstick, a pen, and (lately) a mask 😷
55. Favorite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
I’m a big Marilyn Monroe fan…. I don’t think I’d make a good Marilyn, but this is fiction so we’ll go with it.
57. Kittens or puppies?
Puppies (but it was close.)
58. Favorite sushi roll
Spicy Tuna 🤤
59. What lipstick do you use?
I almost never wear lipstick, so I’m gonna go ahead and say Chapstick for this one. Every once in a while, I’ll wear a tinted one, but only if I’m feeling fancy 😉
60. What foundation do you use?
Il Makiage (although normally, I just wear tinted sunscreen.)
61. Blow dry or Air dry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
63. Favorite Disney character?
Meg from Hercules. She’s a badass.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
I have no idea, lol. I don’t plan that far ahead.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
This Is The End. Hands down funniest movie I’ve seen in theaters.
66. Movie that made you cry?
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
Machine Gun Kelly. Love him 🤩
68. If you’re life was a song what would it be?
Hm… sometimes Lonely by Justin Bieber. Other times Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys.
69. What’s your favorite animal?
70. Favorite illustrator?
First one that came to mind is Lainey Molnar (I follow her on IG and her stuff is always amazing.)
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you love to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
A bath – bubbles and a nice book. That’s where it’s at 🥰
And that’s it! Hopefully you guys enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments if you want more of this kind of content (or, if you’d rather I stick to Relationship stuff, you can tell me that too!)